Friday, March 23, 2012

Ang Overrated(?) na Magnum Ice Cream

After a tiring day, I went out to buy this buzzing, trending item nowadays. I already saw the signs and banners at convenience store, the TV commercials, the only thing I haven't seen was the real deal itself.

With no further ado, my first Magnum experience:
with all the droplets sa wrapper

Sabi sa wrapper: Vanilla Flavoured Ice Cream Coated with Chocolate and Almonds

Sabi ko: mukha naman masarap, pero dapat lang! I spent Php 50.00 for this!

The ice cream brand was launched last February 28 here in the Philippines. I first saw it on Twitter, by model Solenn Heussaff. At first I was a bit reluctant to try it but the buzz and people's reactions on Twitter and Facebook made me say "sige na nga i-try na to."


The Magnum brand is owned by the British/Dutch Unilever company. It was first launched in 1989 with a bar of vanilla ice cream coated with chocolate. As advertised, it was Belgian chocolate which coated the vanilla ice cream. Hmmmmm.


In the Philippines, there were three varieties: Magnum Classic, Chocolate Truffle and Almond.
magnum almond
What to say? I liked it, although it's a bit small-sized for me (hehe!) I enjoyed every bite, especially the combination of the chocolate and almonds.
yum!
I was tired that day, that's why I munched on the ice cream bar for less than 3 minutes. My stress reliever was the creamy texture of the chocolate coating.
the remnant
The ice cream surely created a buzz which is going on for days now. Because of the hype it caused (thanks to their promotions and marketing teams), a Magnum craze is sweeping the Metro. Maybe the product deserves it, for me.

parang gold plated room
another one for the stick

empty wrapper :(
Overall, 4/5 for the Magnum Almond, I'm looking forward for the other flavors next time.


(This post was not meant for advertising or promotion of the mentioned product/s.)

No comments:

Post a Comment